The Social Educators’ Association of Australia (SEAA) is a professional association which aims to:
- support, promote and improve the quality of Social Education in Australia;
- advance the holistic study of society from social, cultural, political, temporal, spatial and global perspectives;
- represent teaching and research in Social Education at all levels and in all types of educational institutions;
- provide opportunities for critiquing Social Education policy, curriculum and pedagogy;
- sponsor and support activities that may assist the teaching of Social Education in Australia.
Our association advocates for the development of active and informed citizens who act with moral and ethical integrity locally and globally; work to build connections between diverse social, cultural, linguistic and religious groups, particularly Indigenous groups, both within Australia and overseas; and work for the common good to promote sustainable natural and social environments. Our members work for democracy, equity and justice.